Rules & Regulations
The Aim of MAAT Media Awards
MAAT voices through great collaboration of agencies.
MAAT Media Awards aim beyond recognizing our great works and great minds in our industry. It's a showcase which will navigate the elevation of quality of works for our clients/ business partners and skills of our people. The awards cases are living knowledge in which can be shared across agencies, industries and new generations to come.
MAAT Media Awards are focusing on creativity in Media; the combination of both brilliant ideas and its result regarding business and brand objectives. Successful entries will demonstrate thorough understanding of the target audiences and their relationships with the brand, innovative implementation of the strategy across the selected channel(s), and how the media solution maximized business results for a successful outcome.
2018 MAAT Media Awards "Transformation"
Humanity and technology are harmoniously coexisted in today media world, the 33th organ has significantly transformed the way consumers consume media. It's crucial that media and communication must also transform ourselves in order to be one step ahead of our beloved consumers and standing at a forefront of communication success.
This year, we treasure the value of transformation, not only from consumer and media point of view, but from the core business model in which exudes through the new way of media communication. While technology becomes industry standard, creativity in transformation and transformative used of media determine success.
- Prior to entry, agency must secure approval form from client/right holder. Agency shall submit approval form along with entry form.
- Awards organizers reserve the right to turn down entries which offend certain race, religion, and political matter.
- Campaign submitted must have been implemented during January 2017 - December 2018. Please indicate your reasons if you plan on submitting campaign extended outside of the specified timeline.
- Media Schedule may be asked from agency as a support document to avoid scam.
- Only one party can submit the same entry i.e. media agency or creative agency. Submission can be credited to multiple parties but only one submission will be accepted. If both are to enter, the party to submit first will be granted.
- All works that are used for entry must be paid by client unless it is self-promotion or non-profit organization.
- In the case of complaint on submitted work, organizers have the right to pull out the entry and to conduct full investigation.
- Grand Prix will be awarded. Entries in Charities and not for Profit services are not eligible to win the Grand Prix.
- Agency with the most awards will be entitled for agency of the year awards.
- Shortlisted entries will receive a certificate.
- The awards-winning entries will be selected by renowned Jury from related category.
- The shortlist is decided by a first round of voting. A computerized voting system selects the highest marks given in each category. Further voting establishes the ranking in each category, which is the basis for the Juries' discussions and awarding of Gold, Silver and Bronze.
- The Grand Prix is selected from all the entries that have won Gold.
- Entries in the charities and public services categories are excluded from winning the Grand Prix. At all marking stages, a judge's vote will not be counted for any entry submitted by his or her own company (ies). The decision of the Juries in all matters relating to the awarding of prizes will be final and binding.
- Agency of the year will be decided from the amount of awards certain company/network has won.
- Consumer choice will be chosen based on the amount of vote from overall public.
- The jury will reward excellence in tactical media planning and placement.
- The jury's voting will be based on 3 criteria, listed below. Each entry will receive 3 marks which will make up the total vote and these marks will be weighted as follows:
- Insight, Strategy and the Idea (35%)
- Media Execution of the Creative Idea (30%)
- Results and Effectiveness (35%)
- Judging panel for each category consists of:
- 3 Media owners
- 3 MAAT members
- 2 Clients
- 1 Creative Agency
Awards given are as follows:
- A Grand Prix must be awarded in the Media category. Entries in charities and not for profit services are not eligible to win the Grand Prix.
- Agency of the year is given to the agency that obtains the highest score for entries. All entries from an agency are eligible, regardless of the entrant company, irrespective of whether these have been entered by the agency or another party.
- The Jury will awards Gold, Silver and Bronze in each category to entries judged to be deserving of this honor.
- Awards credit and the associated trophies and certificates will be given to the entrant company. Duplicate trophies can be purchased by other participating parties after the awards presentation night.
- Shortlisted entries will receive a certificate.
D: Entry Deadline
The entry deadline is 1 October 2018 - 8 February 2019
Entrants should submit their entry (ies) according to our deadline to allow a sufficient amount of time for entries to be thoroughly reviewed and processed. This will also allow the Organizers to provide relevant feedback when necessary.
E: Entry Requirement
- All entries must be submitted with submission form that has been designed to ensure all the necessary information about your campaigns.
- If you are entering more than one category, please ensure you submit a form for each.
- Please make sure that to conduct spellchecking and make sure all the information are correct prior to submission.
- All forms can be written in both Thai & English. (In case of having non-Thai speaking judge, all Thai written submission will be requested for full English translation for the interest of your benefit)
- Please carefully check all the credits you have entered. If you are shortlisted or a winner, these credits will be published on our website exactly as you have typed them here.
- Please ensure you do not refer to the name of your agency or any contributing creative companies, or people within this written submission.
Within online entry form, you will require to answer following questions:
- Campaign Challenge & Objective: (150 words):
- Insight & Strategy: (150 words):
- Implementation: (150 words):
- Impact: (150 words):
(Submission can be in either Thai or English with same limitation of word count)
F: Material Requirement:
Please submit your entry through:
- Cover Page/Executive Summary for all category
- Cover Page shall be submitted by email to email@example.com
- Compulsory material composed of:
- Campaign Challenge/Objective
- Insight & Strategy
- Supporting material composed of:
- Link to all materials uploaded to Youtube.
- All Link of VDO & Audio shall be submitted
- VDO: For most category (VDO, Mobile, Search, Social, Online, Branded Content, IMC, Effectiveness shall be 3 Minutes Maximum)
- Radio/Audio Format Category
- Print/OOH/Ambient shall be made into VDO format and publish on MAAT Youtube channel as well.
- Actual page Magazine or Newspaper Published shall be provided as support material
The entry fee is applicable on EACH awards entry.
The entry fee for each awards entry is 3,500 Baht (include 7% VAT)
Preferred method of payment is by Bank Transfer, bank details are as follows:
BANK TRANSFER to:
Account name: Media Agency Association of Thailand/สมาคมมีเดียเอเยนซี่และธุรกิจสื่อ
Account number: 096-039364-3
Bank name: Bangkok Bank
Bank Branch: Emporium Branch
Cheques are NOT accepted.
Please ensure to add your scanned receipt of payment along with the entry form and your work.
All payment will be in Thai Baht only.
It is imperative that you cover ALL Bank charges; otherwise your entries may be refused.
Failure to pay may result in your entries being withdrawn.
There will be no refund after official last submission date: 25 January 2019
Categories & Criteria
There are total of 23 categories for submission;
|1. Best use of video format (non-cinema)
||11. Best use of Online Display
|2. Best use of video format (cinema)
||12. Best use of Branded Content
|3. Best use of Newspapers
||13. IMC/ Multiple platforms awards
|4. Best use of Magazines
||14. Effectiveness Awards
|5. Best use of OOH and Transit
||15. Media Vendor Awards
|6. Ambient and Special Events
||16. Media Innovation Awards
|7. Best use of Audio format
||17. Creative Used of Media Awards
|8. Best use of Mobile
||18. Best Communications Strategy
|9. Best use of Search
||19. Best Engagement Strategy
|10. Best use of Social
||20. Best use of Small Budget
||21. Best use of media for good (NEW)
||22. Best use of media automation (NEW)
||23. Best use of data (NEW)
||A1: MAAT judges choice / Grand prix
||A2: MAAT Agency of the year
- Best use of video format (non-cinema)
Include: Television, In-Flight, Showroom, Exhibition, Outdoor Screens
Innovative Strategy: this category recognizes innovative way to engage selected target/ consumers with video content through new strategy as well as technology. Judges will be looking for innovative strategy and creative solution in maximizing usage and impact of video content.
- Best use of video format (cinema)
Include: Cinema screen, innovative technology in theater.
4D Engagement: this category recognizes innovative approach and engagement beyond pure screen to generate interactive content and entertaining value, and earn media. Judges will be looking for innovative approach and content maximization strategy in generating attention and participation.
- Best use of Newspapers
Include: All form of media used with Newspaper
Print Activation: This category recognizes creative use of content in terms of innovative position strategy as well as utilization of technology to bring idea on paper to life. Judges will be looking for interactive intent that provokes reader to participate and engage with the content (On newspaper)
- Best use of Magazines
Include: All form of media used with Magazines
Print Activation: This category recognizes creative use of content in terms of innovative position strategy as well as utilization of technology to bring idea on paper to life. Judges will be looking for interactive intent that provokes reader to participate and engage with the content (On Magazine)
- Best use of OOH and Transit (there are 2 sub-categories for submission)
5.1: Best use of Movable
5.2: Best use of Non-movable
Include: Traditional billboard or poster sites, bus shelters, transit, bus wrap, BTS wrap, building advertising using advertising space
Active Engagement: This category recognizes creative use of content in terms of innovative location strategy and/ or innovative usage of movable space as well as utilization of technology to maximize consumer engagement. Judges will be looking interactive engagement strategy as well as its result in terms of Maximizing eyes ball as well as participation level.
- Ambient and Special Events (There are 3 sub-categories for submission)
6.1: Best use of ambient media
Include: bars & restaurants, glasses, beer mats & ashtrays, petrol pumps, flyers, stickers, signage, supersize sites, 3D and non-standard shaped sites, ticket barriers, floor media and other adaptations of exterior locations, signage, buildings or street furniture
Engaging Elements: this award will recognize the outstanding effort to take the core creative idea of the ambient campaign and exploit the unique properties of the OOH medium to deliver the idea with creativity through appropriate use of OOH media.
6.2: Best use of special events and stunt/ live advertising awards
Include: Troop, Flash-Mob, roadshow, guerrilla marketing, live events & shows, concerts & festivals, experiential events, large and small scale stunts etc…
Live experiential story: this category recognizes brands that deliver an experiential campaign for consumers. The experiential campaign will be physical in its core, but can have virtual angles around it. Judges will be looking for creative use of space/ location and activity in generating participation and/ or viral earn media.
6.3: Best Use Ambient and Special Event – In store Activation
Include: Troop, Flash-Mob, roadshow, guerrilla marketing, live events & shows, concerts & festivals, experiential events, large and small Include: Promotional packaging, displays, point of purchase materials and activation Judging parameters:
Creative retail: this category recognizes brands that deliver creative and effective in-store activation and closing the loop between promotions and purchase. Judges will be looking for innovative use of retail space and engagement activation that resulted in closing sale.
- Best use of Audio format
Include: Radio, Podcast, and other Audio Technology
Creative voice: This category recognized creative way to maximize message from core audio content. Judges will be looking for creative use of audio content via various forms as well as its extension and creative use of technology to get message across.
- Best use of Mobile
Include: Mobile App for popular mobile platform such as IOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows as Mobile, all which are pre-loaded or downloadable from Application store as well as Mobile technology including smartphones, tablet computers, Bluetooth, SMS, MMS, & WAP and other technology for mobile mean.
Personalized Engagement: this category recognizes innovative use of the mobile channel to reach and engage consumers is the key in this category. Any form of mobile media will be considered, including mobile Apps, mobile sites, mobile content or any form of mobile advertising. The judges will be looking for creative and engaging way to obtain great results on clear objectives via mobile channel.
- Best use of Search (There are 2 sub-categories for submission)
Include: SEM in both SEO and PPC from either pure search or from programmatic lead.
ROS (Return on Search): this category rewards a demonstration of how a project is able to attract appropriate and valued traffic from search and has improved the ability of a business or other organization with an on-line presence to achieve its objectives. The judges will be looking for search strategy that maximizes traffic and ROI’s comparison with tangible result.
- Best use of Social
Include: Viral advertising, blogs, social networking sites and applications, consumer generated content
Earn Content: this category rewards innovation in social media. The winning campaign should be able to demonstrate great results. Entries will be judged on the creative use of social platforms and a sound understanding of online consumer behavior. Judges will be looking for examples of fantastic consumer driven campaigns, community building, targeting, engagement and conversational marketing strategies.
- Best use of Online Display (There are 2 sub-categories for submission)
Include: Static, Animated, Interactive, Page Take Over, Floating, Video, rich media ads, innovations which deploy techniques of expanding, floating, skyscrapers, home page takeovers, new ad formats and innovations using display advertising. Strategic use of Programmatic and dynamic content optimization (DCO) are also included in this category.
Action Provocateur: This will evaluate most creative and innovative use of display advertising. Judges will be looking for creativity and interactivity to provoke behaviors, context within objective, result and engagement metrics.
All entries must show the ad in the context of a webpage as it was originally displayed.
- Best use of Branded Content (There are 2 sub-categories for submission)
12.1: Original Content; A content locally created from original idea, content and execution.
12.2: Use of available Content; A content which has regional or global direction, utilization of available content as well as execution.
Include: TV program, mini-series, web series, cinema, DVD releases and online/digital, music in original branded content, brand integration into music distribution or promotion, the creation of a music-based program or platform
Content creation: this category is searching for any campaign that has used creation of content as part of its strategy. This includes everything from ad-funded TV deals to branded music projects. Judges will also be looking for innovative creation of intellectual property (IP) and also examples of how this IP is leveraged. Awards are to be judged on ROI of the campaign
- IMC/ Multiple platforms awards (There are 2 sub-categories for submission)
13.1: Using 3 or mode medium
13.2: Using 3 or more online platforms
Include: Entries in this category MUST show that multiple types of media were used in the campaign (e.g. TV, Radio, Outdoor, FB, LINE, Youtube).
Unique synergy: this category is seeking entries that have understood and integrated themselves across media landscape. It covers all digital and non-digital media to affiliates marketing and is looking for great examples of interrelation using each medium’s unique properties.
- Effectiveness Awards
Return on Idea: this category will reward the campaign that achieved the most against its stated sales targets. It will focus on effectiveness of a campaign above all other considerations – All entries must include figures showing the campaign’s direct impact on sales. Other ROI metrics will only be considered if sales figures are also supplied. Judging criteria shall be
- 30% of the score, equally weighted for each section:
- - Strategic Communications Challenge & Objectives
- - Idea
- - Bringing the Idea to Life (includes media strategies and the work itself)
- 70% of the score:
- - Results
- Media Vendor Awards
Innovative Partnership: this category recognizes the efforts of media owners in their work with advertiser & clients to connect with their audiences. Judges are looking for creative application of ideas and innovative strategies. Entries will be judged on the level of creative thinking, consumer insight, and success for the client. The winning campaign could be a multi-platform strategy or a single marketing execution. Judging criteria on providing new and innovative format of media to the market and the actual implementation
Submitted only by Vendors themselves
- Media Innovation Awards
Invent: Awarded to the campaign that is seen to exploit innovation to its full potential in the marketing world. The winning campaign will be able to demonstrate a good brand/technology/ innovation fit. This category is open to any existing media channel, and any new one created by the use of the technology. Judges will be focusing on the innovative nature of the media and how it has been applied to a marketing challenge.
- Creative Used of Media Awards
Creativity: this category rewards the innovative use of media, whether based on the channel, placement or format. It is seeking examples of brands using media to create cut through. For instant, in digital platform, Judges will not be looking for the use of new technology per se, but will reward the interesting use of digital technologies.
- Best Communications Strategy
Complete Impact: this category celebrates brands that demonstrate clear consumer insight and through the development of a brilliant strategy and precise execution, engage the target audience.
- Best Engagement Strategy
Engaging: recognizing the campaign that can demonstrate the most successful engagement showing tangible target audience related results. This category can include a campaign on any media channel that can prove the engagement created at the heart of the strategy – the judges will place a greater emphasis on audience related results for entries in this category and will be looking for proof of engagement through metrics such as 'time spent with brand', 'number of interactions with the brand', 'number of downloads', 'number of comments' and so on.
- Best use of Small Budget
Include: Any campaign with total budget of THB 3 million or less. Judging parameters:
Creative use of budget: Originality, innovation and ideas that break traditional way of budget spending or content creation; whether a novel uses of technology, ingenious use of data or fresh content. – the judges will place emphasis on creativity and impact / results for entries in this category within limited given budget.
- Best use of media for good (NEW)
Include: any media platform.
Purposeful Media: this category recognizes use of media that delivering benefit to society and/ or environment for betterment of the public need. Digital, traditional, activation and out of home can be part of specific media usage with purposeful marketing activities or part of longer term corporate social responsibility value and/or social innovation, usage of media to motivate people to engage in doing good for others.
- Best use of media automation (NEW)
Include: programmatic, bot, machine learning, and AI
Precision Solution: this category recognized best use of technology automation in delivering precision space and content to precise target at the most relevant moment with measurable results. Usage of media automation to provide competitive advantage to the brand over its competitive in the frame of given measurable objective and KPI.
- Best use of data (NEW)
Include: any media platform.
Insightful connectivity: this category recognized best use of data through any media platform either digital, traditional, and retail that generate most insightful data-driven solutions to brand. Entry has to demonstrate notably effective use of media through data-learning, econometric, analytic, insight and other form of data analysis, marketing modeling or predictive marketing. The data-centric entry can range from awareness campaign to e-Commerce with accomplished result in metric which demonstrate in increasing effectiveness, reducing cost or surpassing ROI.
- MAAT judges choice / Grand prix
The Grand Prix is selected from all the entries that have won Gold(s).
- MAAT Agency of the year
Given to the agency that obtains the highest score from all entries combined. All entries from an agency are eligible, regardless of the entrant company, irrespective of whether these have been entered by the agency or another party.
All Categories (Except Effectiveness Awards)
Bronze 3 Points
Silver 5 Points
Gold 7 Points
Grand prix 12 Points
(Note: Gold that has selected as Grand prix, will only count points once as Grand prix)
Bronze 5 Points
Silver 8 Points
Gold 12 Points
- People's choice awards
All gold awards will be places on MAAT Youtube channel, People Choice awards is measured on numbers of views from posting date until the People’s Choice Awards judging time ends.
(Judging time will be announced by MAAT after MAAT Awards Presentation Night)
Date and Location of Awards Presentation Night
Our first MAAT Awards will be held on:
Date: Wednesday 27 February 2019
Time: 18:30 – 22:00
Ticket: 1,500 THB
Dress: Smart Casual